Welcome to our new consolidated regional chapter! On Friday, March 27, 2020, the ACMP Global Board of Directors approved the combination of the Raleigh and Charlotte chapters into the new ACMP Carolinas chapter. While there are still a handful of outstanding consolidation activities, we - the Carolinas board and me - are operating as one consolidated chapter.
For those of you I haven’t had the chance to meet yet, I’m David Chapman and I will be acting as the interim Board of Directors President. Jonathan Blatt, past Raleigh board president, will act as our Vice President. We have put an “interim” board in place to allow us to get up and running while working out the kinks. We expect to hold a full chapter election to elect the permanent Board in the next 3-6 months. Get to know the rest of the interim board.
While this is an exciting time, it also ends the “official” status of the standalone Charlotte Metro and Raleigh chapters. I know there are many of you who have volunteered with your local chapter and were an important part of making it the success it had become.
As we transition to the new ACMP Carolinas chapter, we are grateful to those who have committed their time and energy to making the original two local chapters successful. We realize that you may have some sense of loss over these changes, but we hope that, like us, you will see the many new opportunities that a consolidated chapter will bring. We hope you’ll pour your energy into the newly created entity, which brings new opportunities and relationships to be leveraged and invested in.
Here’s a taste of what you can expect:
- Your home chapter on the acmpglobal.org website will be automatically updated to reflect ACMP Carolinas. No action is needed on your part.
- You can still expect local events and networking opportunities. When we are able to host them again, in-person events will continue as before in Charlotte and Raleigh.
- You can expect many more virtual events, which will bring change managers together across North and South Carolina.
- You’ll start to see expanded programming, including CCMP™ prep workshop, Prosci training offerings and more.
- We will also be expanding our member-only content so if you're not an ACMP member, now is a chance to reconsider that!
I hope you’ll take a look at our upcoming events. We have a new Change From Home series, which will all be virtual, to help you stay focused on your personal development during our quarantine. If you are interested in getting involved with the new chapter, visit our Get Involved page to learn more.
I look forward to meeting you at an upcoming in-person or virtual event. Thank you for your commitment to ACMP Carolinas.
Cheers to the bright future ahead of us!
ACMP Carolinas Board President